Slip and Fall Attorney in GA
Georgia Slip and Fall Lawyer
When people think of slip and fall cases, they may think of minor accidents with minimal injuries. The reality is that these preventable accidents can result in devastating harm. From broken bones to traumatic brain injury, slip and fall accidents can have enormous consequences for victims. If you’ve been hurt in a fall on someone else’s property, you should talk to a Georgia slip and fall lawyer about your legal rights today.
At Weaver Law Firm, our experienced attorneys understand the long-term impact of slip and fall injuries. For over 20 years, our slip and fall lawyers have been helping accident victims in Gainesville, Cumming, Murrayville, and throughout North Georgia pursue compensation after falls on dangerous property. We have the skills, the resources, and the connections to fight for you.
For a free and confidential consultation about your case, call us or contact us online today. There is no fee unless and until we recover compensation for you.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Slip and Fall Claim?
To recover compensation for a slip and fall injury, you’ll usually need to show that the property owner or manager could have prevented the accident but didn’t. For example, let’s say you slip and fall at a business because of water that has dripped from the ceiling. In that case, the business may have been able to prevent the accident by fixing the leak, placing warnings around the area, and by cleaning it up promptly. When property owners and managers don’t do those things, they could be liable for any injuries that result.
How Can a Georgia Slip and Fall Attorney Help?
The days and weeks after a slip and fall or trip and fall accident can be exhausting. All you want to do and all you should do is focus on healing. That’s where an attorney can help. Our Georgia slip and fall attorneys can take the pressure off you after an accident and take care of your claim while you focus on recovering.
Some of the important ways that our Georgia slip and fall lawyers can help include:
- Managing the calls, letters, forms, and paperwork that may be involved in your claim
- Gathering all the evidence needed to support your claim
- Working with experts to understand the accident and your injuries
- Exploring insurance policies and alternative sources of compensation
- Representing you with skill and integrity in any slip and fall settlement negotiations
- Filing a slip and fall lawsuit when those at fault won’t give you fair compensation
What Compensation Can You Claim After a Slip and Fall Accident?
After a trip and fall or slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to many different types of compensation. This could include payment for:
- Medical treatment you need after an accident
- Long-term care needs
- Lost wages you suffer and lost future earning potential
- The pain and suffering you experience because of your injuries
- Emotional distress caused by the accident
- Loss of consortium and support between married couples
The only way to accurately assess the value of your claim is to take the time to understand the full extent of your losses. Our dedicated Georgia slip and fall attorneys can help you understand what full and fair compensation should be in your case.
Get Started with your CaseCall Us at (770) 415-5555
Georgia Statute of Limitations on Slip and Fall Lawsuits
In a typical slip and fall or trip and fall case, you’ll have two years from the accident’s date to file your personal injury lawsuit. Keep in mind, though, that the time limit in your case could be different. That’s because Georgia law allows some exceptions to the rule.
If you don’t file a lawsuit within the time allowed by law, then you may lose your right to seek compensation for your injuries. Make sure that you do not miss any important deadlines by speaking with a slip and fall lawyer in Georgia today.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Fall
After a fall, you could be facing serious injuries and a significant recovery time. But even during a painful time like this, there are actions you can take to preserve your claim and help make it as strong as possible. Following a slip and fall accident:
- Keep all the evidence you have together, including photos and witness information.
- Write down everything you remember about the accident, no matter how small the detail.
- Preserve the shoes and clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident.
- Follow through on the medical treatment and rehabilitation recommended by your doctors.
- Stay off social media and keep any discussions about your injuries or the accident confidential.
- Keep a journal about your experience and how you feel during your recovery.
- Do not give a written or recorded statement to an insurance adjuster.
- Speak with a Georgia slip and fall attorney from Weaver Law Firm as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Georgia
In most cases, slip and fall accidents could be prevented by the person or company in control of the property. Some of the most common causes of falls on dangerous property include:
- Uneven stairs and surfaces
- Slippery floors due to wax and liquids
- Items in the walkway that shouldn’t be there
- Parking lot issues, such as potholes, pooling water, and ice
- Unmarked hazards such as spilled liquids
- Hoses and electrical cords that haven’t been marked or secured
Common Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Occur
From an uneven sidewalk to the slippery steps of a store, slip and fall accidents can occur in any number of places. The following, however, are some of the most common locations for slip and fall accidents:
- Grocery stores
- Retail stores
- Restaurants and bars
- Garages and parking lots
- Offices and workplaces
Talk to a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Georgia Now
If you’ve been injured in a fall on someone else’s property, contact Weaver Law Firm now. As a local law firm with experienced attorneys, we’ve helped people recover from serious slip and fall accidents in Gainesville, Cumming, Murrayville, or throughout North Georgia. We’re always available to talk about your case and answer your questions.
After an accident, don’t wait to get the legal advice and support you deserve. For a free and confidential consultation about your slip and fall case, call us or get in touch online now.