Personal Injury Attorney in Dawsonville, GA
Many accident victims in Dawsonville experience overwhelming physical pain and financial stress as a result of their injuries. That’s why the legal team at Weaver Law Firm is so invested in helping people who’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence in Dawsonville get the quality legal representation and fair compensation they deserve.
Our Dawsonville personal injury lawyers have a long track record of helping accident victims recover the fair compensation they need to cover their medical bills, lost earnings, property damage, pain and suffering, and more. We have been upholding accident victims’ rights for more than 20 years. We aren’t afraid to take on large insurance companies to fight for the outcome you need.
If you are hurt and need the advice of an experienced Dawsonville personal injury attorney, contact us online today. We’ll listen to your needs and help you develop a strategy for moving forward.
How Our Dawsonville, GA Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help with Your Case
A Dawsonville personal injury attorney can serve as an important advocate for you. At Weaver Law Firm, our experienced legal team makes protecting your rights our priority.
When you reach out to us for help with your case, our team will assist you in a number of ways, such as:
- Giving you trusted legal advice about your situation
- Answering all your questions about your options and the legal process
- Investigating the accident that injured you to gather evidence and determine fault
- Determining the scope of the compensation you may be owed
- Communicating on your behalf with insurers and other parties
- Negotiating aggressively on your behalf for full compensation
- Preparing your case for court if the at-fault party fails to offer a fair settlement
- Maintaining open and clear communication with you through the entire process
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
A personal injury claim is a legal means of pursuing compensation from the party at fault for the accident that injured you. When recklessness or negligence play a role in an accident, the victim of the incident may be able to use the legal system to seek money to help pay for their losses, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
A wide variety of circumstances can trigger a personal injury lawsuit. At Weaver Law Firm, we have a team that is experienced at handling many different types of personal injury claims. Some of the personal injury cases we handle include injuries caused by:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and falls
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability claims
- Dog bites
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
What Can You Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim allows a victim to seek compensation for their losses due to an accident caused by a negligent party. Compensation may include economic damages to cover losses such as medical expenses and lost income and non-economic compensation to cover emotional losses or quality of life changes.
While the value of the compensation will vary based on the unique aspects of each case, in general, personal injury victims may be able to recover money for losses such as:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
There are many factors to consider when calculating the value of a personal injury claim, including the severity of a person’s injuries and the circumstances of the accident. If you are interested in learning the potential value of your claim, contact an experienced attorney at Weaver Law Firm. Our legal team can review your situation and calculate a fair estimate of the value of your claim. This can be especially crucial information if you are considering accepting a settlement of any kind.
Dawsonville, GA Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims
If the at-fault party’s insurance company fails to offer a fair settlement, you may need to take the at-fault party to court to pursue the compensation you deserve. However, victims of traumatic accidents do not get an unlimited amount of time to file a lawsuit. Georgia law generally gives injured victims only two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Two years may sound like a lot of time, but it can go by in the blink of an eye. During that time, crucial evidence about your case may be lost or destroyed if an investigation isn’t done promptly. If negotiations with an insurer stall, you may not have time left to take them to court if the settlement is unfavorable. For these reasons, it is essential to consult with an attorney as soon as possible.
Steps to Take to Protect Your Rights After an Accident
Several steps you can take following an accident can help protect your rights and make it easier to hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions. If you are involved in a significant accident, try to keep these helpful tips in mind:
- Report the accident. Call 911, especially if you need immediate medical attention. If the accident happens at a business, report your accident to management, such as the manager of a restaurant where you slip and fall.
- Seek medical attention. When you are injured in an accident, you need to seek medical attention as soon as possible. This may involve an ambulance ride to the emergency room or making an appointment with your primary physician. It’s important to have a medical exam in case your injuries are more severe than they appear. In addition, medical documentation can be extremely crucial to a personal injury case.
- Follow all medical orders. In addition to seeking medical treatment, you need to go to all of your follow-up appointments and pay special attention to your physician’s treatment plan. Failing to do so could hurt your health and your case.
- Make notes about your pain, disability, and recovery. It may be helpful to your case to keep a journal. You can describe your physical and emotional recovery process and how your injuries impact your daily life.
- Keep all receipts and documentation. Be sure to keep all bills and receipts related to your medical care, repairs for property damage, and out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident.
- Contact an attorney. In the days and weeks after an accident, you may be inundated with calls from insurers asking questions. Contacting an attorney and letting them handle all communication and negotiations with the insurer is in your best interest. An attorney can advocate for you, calculate the full extent of your losses, and fight for fair compensation during the legal process.
Ways You Can Be Injured in an Accident
Personal injury accidents can result in a wide range of different types of injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Head and neck injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries (including paralysis)
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injuries (such as sprains and strains)
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and contusions
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Crush injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
Talk to a Dawsonville, GA Personal Injury Attorney Now
If you are injured in an accident in Dawsonville or the surrounding area of Georgia, turn to the skilled team at Weaver Law Firm for help. We have more than two decades of experience helping Georgia accident victims just like you seek the compensation they deserve.
Contact us today to set up your free consultation.